The inaugural meeting could not have gone better! What a great turn out and lively forum discussion…
With over forty EM ultrasound enthusiasts attending from from Newcastle to western Sydney the first EMUGs gathering was a definite success.
Some key points that were deemed essential following the meeting were the
‘ The 5 C’s ‘
- Core – building a core group of EMUGs members to plan and action our long term goals
- Cells – setting up groups of individual hospital key ultrasound persons to look at local issues and plans
- Continuity – strategies to ensure EMUGs is not a once off event and planning for longevity
- Collaboration & Coordination – updating the EMUGs community on ‘The State of Play’ at individual sites and looking at methods of sharing ideas and resources
Other important take home points included;
- Sonographers – following on from other hospitals example and looking at methods of employing sonographers to teach and work in the Emergency Departments and assist US users on their credentialing paths.
- Social media – looking at the best way to communicate and coordinate the EMUGs key players and members…
Google+ is one way… let’s see how this unfolds.
- Lobby ACEM for mandatory ultrasound training and development of more in depth guidelines, similar to RCEM (UK) and ACEP .
There will be more to come soon on the details of the above… so watch this space!
We will endeavour to share the presentations from the night with you in the near future; in the meantime here are some snapshots taken throughout the night.
If you would like to jump on board, join the EMUGs team and continue to develop ultrasound training across Sydney then please drop us an email at EMUGSydney@gmail.com
Again, thank you for your incredible support,
The EMUGs Team