Calling all ED trainees… Ultrasound Special Skills training is available at Campbelltown ED
A heads up that Campbelltown Hospital will be externally advertising for an Ultrasound Special Skills Term in this years’ annual recruitment.
We are looking for advanced trainees, preferably in late phase training with an interest in POCUS.
In terms of what you will receive in this term:
- Two days per week non-clinical time to focus on ultrasound training and development in addition to two days per week clinical for six months. The other six months will be in Campbelltown ED.
- Support to attend an ultrasound course (either the AIU or RPA’s course)
- You will be supervised throughout by myself and Dr Sharif Elgafi. I hold a CCPU in 5 modules and am on faculty at the Australian Society of Medical Imaging and Resus At The Park. Sharif is a DDU and has served on faculty at numerous courses.
- At least four hours per week with sonographers in the ultrasound department to give hands on education and training.
- We are also working towards having access to the echo lab later in the term to develop more advanced skills in echocardiography.
- We have recently been accredited by ASUM as a training site for ten modules of the CCPU
- Our first two trainees have been awarded nine and 12 modules of their CCPU respectively and have given great feedback for the term.
If anyone is interested and wants to chat more before recruitment, please feel free to get in contact with me via email (Alexander.Buttfield@sswahs.nsw.gov.au).
DEMT, Campbelltown Emergency Department