How to apply for ASUM CCPU recognition of prior learning
In order to apply for ASUM CCPU recognition of prior learning, you must:
- Apply to join ASUM: http://www.asum.com.au/newsite/Membership.php?p=Join
- At the same time, enrol in the CCPU program, in whatever modules you have previously received formal training in: http://www.asum.com.au/newsite/Files/Documents/Education/CCPU/2015.06%20ASUM%20CCPU%20Enrolment%20Form.pdf
Also at the same time, apply for RPL/advanced standing. To do this you will need:
- The required ASUM form: http://www.asum.com.au/newsite/Files/Documents/Education/CCPU/2015.06.01%20CCPU%20Application%20for%20AS%20RPL%20form.pdf PLUS the 2 other forms above [print them out from the links]
- An email from Head of Dept or a senior colleague [eg me] saying that we have seen you scan and can confirm that you regularly use US in your clinical practice [NB this can come from another ED if you also work there] and support your application.
- Ideally a log of scans performed in the last 2 years, but this is not absolutely essential.
- Evidence that you have completed one of the ASUM-accredited courses. Here is a list: http://www.asum.com.au/newsite/Files/Documents/Education/CCPU/CCPU%20CAHPU%20List%20of%20Accredited%20Units.pdf?v=2
- You will also need to be signed off by a suitably qualified supervisor (eg with DDU/DMU/CCPU in the relevant area). This requires a specific ASUM form available at the end of the syllabus from every module. The syllabus for each module is available if you go to the following webpage: http://www.asum.com.au/newsite/Education.php?p=CCPU … then click on ‘no 5. CCPU units’